Left over threads

Weaving project 57 involved using mostly left over yarns with a couple of experimental yarns. None of which I’d made sample squares for. Unsurprisingly this wasn’t an entire success. More details on that in another post but the upshot was that I took it off the loom before I’d reached the target length. This meant that there was quite a pile of threads left.

I didn’t like to throw them away without trying to think of a use for them. Looking around my house and garden I was drawn to the amount of rope style dog toys that we have. And I had an idea.

Dog chew toy

So I knotted one end and plaited the rest in smaller bunches.

Skitters with Dog Chew Toy

And gave it to my dog. She seemed to like it!