Ages ago Relly first mentioned the idea of doing a Trash the Dress photo shoot. For one reason or another it didn't happen then, but finally we got around to it, and I have to say it was great fun. Relly was an excellent model, full of great movement, ideas and style. We'd come up with a set of ideas before hand, mainly based around the props that a town like Brighton has to offer, the pier, the seafront, the sea and so off we headed getting some bemused, confused and later congratulatory comments and actions.
We started off at the graffiti wall outside the ClearLeft offices before heading onto the pier for a set of photos around the amusements, the gypsy caravan and of course eating chips. Jim Hedley joined us here.
Next stop was the sea front and some photos with the carousel horses, before heading to a stall for ice cream and candy floss.
The final set was in the sea itself, and Relly was a great sport getting pretty wet, and no doubt fairly cold.My full list of ideas for Brighton based Trash the Dress shots were:
Of which we managed probably around 80% - some which worked, some which didn't, but none the less a great experience.Take a look at the full collection here
comments powered by
- On the dodgem cars on the pier
- In the amusements on the pier
- At one of the fast food stalls on the pier - chips? doughnuts?
- Near the green donut thing
- On the trampoline bungy thing on the sea front
- On the carousel
- With an ice cream
- With a stick of Brighton rock?
- In one of the boats near the fishing museum
- At the fish/jellied eel stall near the fishing museum
- Standing at the edge of the sea
- Standing in the sea, pier backdrop