So, the first period of ILP time is over, and I've managed to use 50-60 hours of my allocation attending workshops, watching presentations, learning stuff and doing ideas project work.
- Started reading through the Opera web standards curriculum to ensure my knowledge was up to date
- Looked into DBVerse, a database deployment tool, to see if this would help us. Review here
- Looked into Tarantino, another database deployment tool. Review here
- Worked with Bruce to start writing a database deployment tool to meet our specific requirements. This is still ongoing and will continue into the next few months
- Attended Hackday 3 and worked on some keyword searching work with Chris
- Looked into Stylecop, a code style analyser. Review here
Now I have to start planning out the next years allocation - I'm cashing in a couple of days to attend the ReMix UK conference, I'm going to continue attending Simon's management and leadership courses, as well as his NLP related ones. I'm also hosting 2 sessions in the next month - one which is SQL Snap, based on CSS Specificity snap and one which is an experimental SQL Coding dojo. I'm sure I'll report back on both of these afterwards.