We visited some friends for a lovely roast dinner yesterday and whilst we were there I did some technical support. Since upgrading to IE7 Microsoft Live Messenger had stopped signing in saying there was a temporary service problem and displaying error code 80040111. We tried logging on via meebo.com and that worked well. After a bit of googling I discovered a two point plan. Firstly, re-register msxml.dll. This resulted in a different error code - this indicated progress. I googled for that code (can't remember what it was) and found a suggestion to remove Live Messenger, reinstall Live Messenger and reboot. I did all that, and it all worked. A fair exchange for a yummy dinner.
comments powered by Disqus