I started using the iGoogle personalised home page quite some time ago now, and over time have configured it to have almost everything I need displayed on it. This is the screen that I have open on my browser the majority of my day at work, and it gives me a great view into everything that is important.
- CheckMail - which checks my IMAP email server and lets me know how many new/unread messages I have
- Google Reader - which shows me the title and site name for the most recent 5 (configurable) items
- Weather - configured for Brighton
- Photo of the minute - inspiration for my photography
- Del.icio.us - my most recent 10 (configurable) bookmarks
- Remember The Milk - an interface to Remember the milk, allowing me to add tasks, edit, postpone and complete items on my todo list